Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Breaking The Habit.

My song that describes me is “Breaking The Habit” by Linkin Park. When I hear this song, it reminds me of when I got expelled from Sprague High School. I got expelled because I had to be right. All the time. And if I wasn't, I was gonna fight whoever stood in my way to be right. It to me, relates to how I felt when I got my explusion paper in the mail, the hearing for expulsion, what I lost because of it, how I realized that what I was doing was totally wrong and how I was going to turn it all around. So far...I've done pretty well on making a new. I got the highest GPA in my highschool career this past grading...and I couldn't be doing any better anywhere els then I am now at the Ike Box.

The lyrics to this song...


"I don't want to be the one
The battles always choose,
'Cause inside I realize
That I'm the one confused."

"I don't know what's worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream.
I don't know why I instigate,
And say what I don't mean.
I don't know how I got this way,
I know it's not alright.
So I'm breaking the habit,
I'm breaking the habit tonight"

(This verse reminds me of when I realized when it was already to late, how foolish and childish I was really acting, but it was too late, and I was already sitting down in the office filling out my expulsion pappers.)


"I tightly lock the door,
I try to catch my breath again.
I hurt much more,
Than anytime before.
I had no options left again."

(This is how I felt when I got home from "school" that day. I locked myself in the room, and knew...everything I worked so hard for, was just gone. I had no option now, other then to just go with it, admit I was wrong, and try to just pick myself up.)


"I'll paint it on the walls,
'Cause I'm the one at fault,
I'll never fight again ,
And this is how it ends."

(After I got home from the hearing, I realized that all my time in school, all my time I put into swim team and choir...it was gone, I was left with nothing, after all the blood sweat and tears, I had to get up and go to a new school, and I had no choice on what school to go to, no choice anymore.)


"I don't know what's worth fighting for,
Or why I have to scream,
But now I have some clarity,
To show you what I mean.
I don't know how I got this way.
I'll never be alright,
So I'm breaking the habit"

( I don't know what was worth fighting for, because I threw away varsity swim team, my friends, honor choir, my boyfrien, my chance of getting into a good college just because I had to look cool in front of my friends, and be the tough one. I know now that it was ridiculous. I'm just glad I realized it before I through my whole highschool career was in to big of a hole for me to pull out of.)

No comments: